PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 12:04
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys!

Hey everyone!

Today was my last day of work for the Government Department in Melbourne where I worked for the last 3 months. It was sad, but I got gifts! Flowers, chocolates, make-up bags, even a little model aircraft! Today I realised that the people that I worked with will miss me - and I get the feeling that if I really needed my job back , it would be there.

So, Followyourdreams and OMO, - Good luck for tomorrow. The big day! You will be fine ! I promise. Followyourdreams, if you are unsure whether or not to bring in your certificates, perhaps mention them as part of an answer - for example if they ask you "what are your strengths and weaknesses" for your strengths you could say that you are good with customers, as you have been awarded certificates by mystery shoppers...
How does that sound??? I know the resume has to be 3 pages long max, but I am not sure how you would incorporate those certificates in with your other paperwork... but by all means, let them know that you were assessed by a mystery shopper and that you have all the awards!

Iulia, you really should get along better with your letterbox - not even a bill! Do you want to swap letter boxes? I am sure you will hear something very soon - and I think it is going to be a phone call followed up with an email! Just keep us posted. By the way, one of these days when the que for KK's dies down, I might just drive down to meet up with you for a coffee, although I may have to bring a packed lunch and compass to reach your neck of the woods. Too bad there is not a K.Kremes here near the airport... - thats where they should open one up! At the airport!..

To everyone else who is reading this thread and has VBRD's tomorrow or over the next couple of weeks... good luck. I wish you all the best, cos I believe you deserve to fly with Virgin Blue, especially after doing your research about the interview processes... - what is involved, what should you wear to them, what questions are they likely to ask etc... I think you have all gone to lengths to find out so that you are more prepared, therefore deserving to be chosen to work for Virgin Blue. GOOD LUCK

Take care, and keep me posted

Seektofly

(PS - I will have to change my name to Goingtofly and then in a few months time don't be surprised to see me as happilyflying! LOL