PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The scene is set - incl Low Flying rules and Is there a 'cultural divide'?
Old 26th Jul 2006, 11:38
Pan Pan Splash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWOTBAGS

There was no comment on, if the car park was sealed or not.
Clearly not, as it was full, as described in original post.

There was no comment on, if there was any down way disturbance or close to the actual parked vehicles
Yes there was...
Lands in a small car parking space
ALONG SIDE side the cars
“Does the green eyed God of Jealousy have anything to do with the disapproval shown here?”
And if your fifty grand motor was one of the ones in the car park, you'd be just as understanding.. right??

Simple analysis here from FlightOops..

Flying into pubs / restaurants etc is fun and we shouldn't restrict this. That is one reason why people take their PPL's. However, a well coordinated, considerately planned and thoughtful arrival will demonstrate good airmanship, portray an image of professionalism and safety and enhance our reputation not diminsh it.
NAIL, HEAD, HIT.

Dropping your Robbie in a car park full of cars is either an indicator of fundamental stupidity and ill thought out flying.. or a complete arrogant disregard for anyone elses cars. How would it be recieved if someone dumped his car on an active helipad while he popped to the nearest bar for a swift one...?? Extreme example..?? Maybe, but true all the same!!!