PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Airways Sponsorship Scheme open!
Old 26th Jul 2006, 09:20
elevengflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PPL152
I think, knowing the probability of wannabes getting a "free" CPL/IR is quite rare, this Highland Airways scheme is good news for those holding a PPL(A).
However, after reading the forums... are you saying that after taking this scheme, the chances of progressing to big jets is much less than if you just go, say to FTE or OAT and do the CPL/IR yourself?

Another question, is this scheme for UK/EI residents only?
Thanks!
PPL152 there is no such thing in life as a free lunch and neither is there likely to be a 'free' CPL/IR. The minimum commitment is 7 years according to the website, so you need to consider your pay and conditions over that period vs going another route and if you leave early you get beaten with the financial stick referred to in previous posts. It is however dependant upon what you want to achieve - so ask yourself what you want to be doing in 5 years and what choices you want to have available.
The website says that you need the right to live and work in the EU. I assume this means you must have European Citizenship, or be able to obtain the right, but I'll let the airline's HR confirm that (good luck getting an answer from an airline HR dept).