PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 08:27
Sylphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

initially when they ask you to tell them about yourself is it more so general questions about you eg: passion for travel, love to please people, natural people person or is definitely more so work orientated?

Or do you think I should ask them to clarify this question before I answer it?

They ask specific things that allow you to express and show your personality and why you should get hired. Like I remember when they asked me "Why do you want to be a flight attendant?" rather than say things that can come across as really 'what I want' as in the travel opportunities and the job being appealing as a whole.. I said things about myself that demonstrate that is what 'they need' for the role Ie- To that very question I said something like "I am extremely organised and flexible with my time. I put all my effort into pleasing others and I am a very fast learner. I enjoy work that keeps me on my toes, that is unpredictable from day to day etc" and I even mentioned playfully that I can't sit still.. which got a laugh. It all seemed to get me to the next stage of recruitment, if that helps.

It's a mish mash of both you and your work, think of it as a real brief general interview to get a broad opinion of your potential and capabilities.

Sure, you can definitely ask them to clarify. I did that a couple times when it seemed a little broad. They don't mind. I'm sure they'd rather a candidate answer properly, instead of jumping into a completely different answer to a question not even asked of them [aka waffling]