PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Pilot English
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 08:19
bufe01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

Originally Posted by bounce'em all
PE,
no advice from me to you: your classes sound like a heck of a lot more organized than most formal training classes I've been through...
the one needing serious advice would be the Italian Air Force or, better yet, the IT government itself, still not requiring English as a second official language for such recruiting purposes.
One question though, if I may: are you already involved with a language school within the ItAF ? or were you just approached as an outside source? Obviously, I will understand your reluctancy to answer if you'll judge my question as excessively nosy.
Just trying to find out if we've met already.
Thanks.

P.S.FLAPS62 still missing..?
I must admit, and was out of the system 10 years ago and things have probably changed for better, our english teaching may not be the best.
Nonetheless all the pilots and nav arrived in my squadron since 1994 always had more than a working knowledge, most of them have been us or canada trained. All the pilots that came through the italian flight training system were sent to language school an to the uk later on for school and family staying.
I guess i'm the living proof beeing on exchange withj raf and my english beeing average.
So what you said is not really correct, which is my english understatement exercise of the day really meaning "It's incorrect"!
We must have pissed off a bunch of people winning the world cup!
Cheers

P.S.
At a csar lesson some raf regiment guy who didn't notice me said that the worst nightmare would be eject and beeing rescued by italians having to go all the csar chit chat.
I told him the real nightmare would me for me, and my english is decent enough to be here, the real nightmare would be beeing shot down and beeing picked up by someone from Liverpool or Newcastle!