PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is it so?
Thread: Why is it so?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 03:27
The Pirate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Point Chuckles; I believe there are many more of this type pre acre post the Ansett fall than before it (ie dispute related)

Unome: you say "enforced by you as Capt. " that is my point exactly. Where I come from you dont ENFORCE, you gentle coax and try a outflanking maneauver which will inevitibly get results while ENFORCING will not work in most cases.

In Ansett they talked about the Capt and his "dog" (F/O), there was a steep cockpit gradient, and the capt took over if anything went wrong. In my part of the world the F/O is ALWAYS a trainee capt and treated as such. Works much better believe me. And when the change of seat comes along it's soooooo much easier. But the myth of ENFORCING is still alive and well and perpetuated by the ex Ansett people. Not only in the air BTW but amongst ground staff as well.

Are there any engineers out there with anything to say on how they were dealt with by Ansett (and ex-Ansett) Crews?

But we are getting away from the subject on which I posted "WHY" are they like this. Why hasnt time taught them the error of their ways?

ANcaptain: glad to see there is at least one of you out there with a sense of humour

Last edited by The Pirate; 26th Jul 2006 at 03:39.