PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is it so?
Thread: Why is it so?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 00:51
The Pirate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Danger Why is it so?

Having just retired from many years of airline flying (12 airlines to be exact) I have a question to throw at you all.

Why are so many ex-Ansett people so difficult to get on with? Why do they always have to do things "the Ansett way" If I had a dollar for every time I have heard them say "this is the way we used to do it at Ansett" I could have retired in even better shape.

In several airlines I have been involved with they have come in and just taken over holus bolus and changed everything to way it was done at Ansett. People skills went out the window, checks became horrendous, training was pushed back into the dark ages and everybody started walking about with long faces when before they had been smiling.

Now I could understand this if Ansett had the been the "Shining Light" of airline practice. I could also understand if it were just a few people or a few airlines were as I describe but it is around 80%, I would estimate.

But there are some wonderful people from the latter background who I have worked with. Really outstanding pilots and people; they think it was all in the way Ansett recruited and trained.

What do you think? (I am now going to return to my bunker and put my flak jacket and tin helmet on)