PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2006, 20:03
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this is true conerning baby it still leaves serveral rotations a week to be filled in the winter. Has anyone heard of what may replace the Knock if anything?

MME4eva a few things. First yes the Knock was a surprise and many didn't think it would work, but it wasn't daily.
Secondly BRS and BRU are two totally different kettles of fish. On the BRS Eastern were competing with easyjet and just couldn't compete on the route. On the BRU route they are competing with bmi and SN. Yes more competion but probably a better route to muscle in on. Also there are many in the area who have asked for the route. I have spoken to several people who would use it and I have nothing to do with the Chamber of Commerce. Just hope the route is properly advertised.
Also do you realise you have contradicted yourself as well. Prague is flown out of both NCL and LBA. I think if you say that baby should be targeting route not served out of LBA or NCL you'll be left with very few. Maybe Knock would be a good one, oh hang on tried that.
Route that are served out of both LBA and NCL can and have proved popular with baby and other users out of MME, Prague and Rome to name two.

On a different note I have noticed that there has been a lack column inches in the Northern Echo regarding easyjet and their prblems at Newcastle. I remember bmibaby being slated in the Northern Echo for trying their hardest to get people back to Jersey a few months back. Can someone explain to me why there is such a bias in he North East towards Newcastle? Are Newcastle throwing bungs the way of the papers to gain such favourable reviews?