PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2006, 17:12
DeeTee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Grief!! Well I read this whole thread with interest, and it seems the same questions are getting asked over again, with the same conspiracy theories being aired. Funnily enough I cannot believe it was really 6 years ago I went through the old ATP scheme, which has changed its name afew times since then. I luckily managed to get all the way through the same hoops you guys now seem to be jumping through. But, for what its worth, in only 6 years from finishing the ATP scheme I now spend my life looking out of the LHS window of a shiney new Airbus. Only got my LHS a few months ago. I suspect that it is only through CTC and this course that anyone could ever dream of going from nothing to Command of a medium jet in 6 years. Ladies and Gents, the loans and commitments all seem huge when you are at the wrong end of those 6 years, but from my position, they really are not that much.

Keep the faith,

Do the work,

Be yourself,

And remember, you are not the first to ever do this, and when you do get into the RHS of your first jet, then there is a fair chance that the LHS is occupied by someone like you as well, only 6 years down the line.

Blue Skies

DT