PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2006, 17:08
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fire Hazard At Glasgow Prestwick

Had a Hell of a time going flying through the flea pit that PIK has become at the weekend. The elderly security man insisted that I walk back like a naughty school boy to put my housekey that he had inspected closely through the xray machine!! They are sooo patronising. However here's the wierd bit. Smoking indoors is illegal in Scotland so they have opened the outdoor seating area from the departure lounge so that people can sit outside and smoke, under a sign that warns them that this is strictly prohibited.
This is because stands 1A, 1 and 2 are right behind you and aircraft are being fuelled, hence the obvious danger of a fuel spill and flying ash I presume?
Going on the hundreds of cigarette butts discarded and not swept up for god knows how long, the airport authority CANNOT be ignorant of the danger.
Perhaps the CAA needs to have a word.

And to the young man who yelled at me for snapping a shot of the Israel AF 707 on the ramp as I boarded on stand 1, I wasn't last in the queue, I didn't hold anyone up and in future, you remove the safety rope AFTER boarding, not in the middle of it!!! Kind of prevents the need to shout at the two elderly ladies, the woman and child etc who ended up walkin UNDER the wing of the B737-800.

So note to Infratil : Patronising and grumpy security men are NOT GOOD.
Allowing smoking that close to a fuel bowser is NOT GOOD.
Lippy school kids shouting at your customers for not being psychic are NOT GOOD.

However, thanks to the friendly and courteous staff at BAA Stansted who spotted before I went thorugh the machine that my belt would set it off and treated me like a human being as I was searched with GOOD HUMOUR and dignity. Contrast that with the PIK staff who treated me like an idiot for sleepily walking through with my keys in my pocket and shouted at me to keep my arms up as slid his thumbs inside the top off my trousers and did a circuit of my waist and wondered why I objected? Are they allowed to feel in your pants like that??? What the Hell?
Infratil if you are reading this, the flight was Sunday's FR422, your staff are rude and your procedures are scary.