PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightsim-pilot questions (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2006, 16:13
Patrick_Waugh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting, and makes perfect sense since it bleeds air off.

Funny how when I started this process, all those intruments looked like an overwhelming amount of so much useless data, and now I can actually understand them. The other funny thing too is that now when I try to fly in FS, without my advanced panel I am very aware of the oversimplification.

Given your above info, now I have another question.

I understand that you can be limited by Torque, TOT, or N1. I think I get torque limits. You can only put so much torque on before you start bending things. I also think I get N1(Ng) limits in that at lower preasure altitudes (and higher temps) you will loose power available due to lower preasure and/or oxygen for combustion. And this is why you have a max OGE hover altitude, for example.

I also understand that you can't allow the turbine to get to hot or it melts and the rest of the helicopter may quickly follow. But, under what conditions would "TOT Limits" limit flight ops?

You guys must be amazed that someone that has never laid eyes on a B206 (although I was flown around alot in helos in the Army) has so much interest in one.

Patrick