PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Cross, Care International, etc...
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2006, 14:31
Contract Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
league of extraordinary humanitarians

well said guys,
it was only the other day that i met an old colleague who had, shall we say, 'crossed to the other side'.
As he marched across the apron in his flurescent tabard and self congratulatory grin, belowing at fleeing locals and cluching numerous hand held radios i knew he must have joined the 'league of extraordinary humanitarians', and bloody smug he looked about it too.
Having only 1000 hours and one tour here, he had managed to become an expert on local aviation, to such an extent that the UN agencies were fighting for his services upon the apron.
Well, to cut a long story short he now collects over $8000 tax free per month, has health insurance for not only himself but his entire immediate family and more time off than on (it seems to me).
In return, he delivers to his greatful employers, obnoxious rantings, dubious loading advice to the confused local loadies, mass inbalance advice on aircraft he has never actually flown and when faced with the perplexing problem of having to cutout several sectors due to pilot fatigue, still finds time (god, knows where?) to send numerous e-mails to HQ to complain about just how useless the pilots are!
Why the hell are we all giving advice on flying here, what any responsible oke should be doing is advising on how to complete a P11 (incredibly complex UN application form) to successfully join the humanitarian league