PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 25th Jul 2006, 13:35
Run Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life after the first 5 years

Hi
]I have an interest in the aviation field… I am wondering if someone could give me some information on the job after the fist few years, every job is exciting when you are just starting but then reality hits in….
What do pilots do after the plane is up in the air and there are no problems? Talk to each other?
  • Is it like any other job that it becomes repetitive and boring?
  • After 5 yrs of getting up at 4.00am to go to the airport do you feel like saying why did I do this job?
  • Do you get sick of the timetables early and late shifts? And then delays on top of that? ( never knowing what time you would be home for)
  • Due to the quick turn around at airports do crew have much of a chance to have to chat? Or is it all work when you arrive at the airport?
  • Do you get sick of listening to others in the airline profession while on stopovers? And wish you were home or out with real friends? Or what happens when you are with someone who does not have the same sense of humour as you?
  • Do you mind that you are always under the control of airline management and cant for e.g. set-up your own business and work for yourself?
  • Due to the number of limited jobs do pilots normally stay with the same airline?
  • Is it the aim of most pilots to go into the management role?

Thanks for your responses…

Edited to make it readable.

Scroggs

Last edited by Run Run; 25th Jul 2006 at 16:41.