PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 24th Jul 2006, 19:44
captwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had read my posts properly, you would have realised that I am not anti-Oxford or anti-integrated courses, but I am merely pointing out other options. I made factual points stating that CTC have better graduate placement than any other FTO. I also said that other integrated courses (such as FTE, which is less expensive) have the same prospects for their graduates as Oxford, which is also true. Is there something wrong with comparing other FTOs? It seems there is a case of Can't Read/Won't Read on these forums. Just because I'm not singing Oxford's praises (nor am I criticising them!), doesn't mean that I'm anti-Oxford. If someone mentions another FTO in the same sentence as Oxford, people take offence, and think there is criticism aimed at Oxford. I think that you have to compare the different FTOs because if people read only about Oxford, they will think Oxford is the only way. If you think Oxford is the right place for you out of all the options, then by all means, go for it!