PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Holiday" (?) in Doha
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2006, 15:46
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Traffic Mayhem on the Corniche!

Right - I did a quick "day-trip" there last week and we've pretty much tied up the contract. Now it's going to be five or six weeks work!

Looks like I'll be arriving middle of next week, and staying almost to Ramadan. Still not sure where I'll be staying.

Don't think I'll be doing the "Hash" as I'm getting a bit too old for that and, anyway, after all the "body-fluids lost", the last thing I'll need is an afternoon out in the sun!

Now for the good news!! . . . .
The site that I'll be working on is the central median strip on the Corniche, starting at His Nibs' Palace, and working our way up 4km or so of the Corniche to the Sheraton.

If you drive that road, allow for the outside lane on both sides to be closed off, for 500m to 1km at a time, from now until Ramadan. The closure will move from one end to the other as we work, but there will always be a closure (Municipality authorised)

There might even be a bit more disruption at night, with big trucks maneuvering. I'll try to make sure that this does not happen when you are all coming back from the pubs at closing time and might not notice a 20-tonner broadside across the highway

Hopefully will have time to join some Prooners in one of the previously-mentioned locations if I get any time off

There will be no "over-run" on the project - it will be finished before the start of Ramadan - I have already paid for my ticket to the GatBash

(If anyone spots the green-and-yellow tractor, give a hoot and a wave )

Last edited by ExSimGuy; 24th Jul 2006 at 16:19.