PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120
Thread: EC120
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2006, 15:21
maxtork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 34'
correct me if i'm wrong and a 'little' off topic but related......
For the 120 you should use max power for as much as possible incase of governer failure, you will not be able to pull more power than it's last recorded setting. Can someone correct me if this in not right
34'
Basically you are correct. In the case of a governing system failure on the EC120 there is no possibility to increase fuel flow with the manual flow control (twist grip). The twist grip will only reduce fuel flow and not increase it therefor you could say that taking off with as much power as you can would be good as it would allow you more control in the case of a fuel control system failure....HOWEVER....it is a matter of risk management. How much extra wear and tear do you put on the engine by using alot of extra power on every take off to avoid a potential problem if there was a governor failure? I will admit there have been some issues with the FCU on the 120 but I would think this may be a bit overkill if you could look at the statistics of how often this particular type of failure may come about.

At any rate you are basically correct that you can't increase fule flow in an emergency....only reduce it.

Max