PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Helicopter Academy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2006, 21:30
Blade Sailin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea well I totally agree that a balanced view needs to be provided to a prospective student in their best interest, Ive been through the process of selecting schools and its probably one of the toughest and grueling decisions to be made about training but I do think your post is quite of the mark, especially since I'm a current student and your info didn't quite add up, which is why I felt the need to post, not sure what the stab at about what the green isle has to offer is about either! Anyhow I don't think your comment is ignored but since its not through your own personal experience and that its possibly just outdated 'hear say' as you suggest, I think the more current posts should be better heeded from current students for a more informed, unbiased opinion. I certainly agree that every school develops and adjust from the early years, this I know first hand from the school in Florida I trained in but EHA would be well past that by now!!
I wonder does her friend live in Ireland, if they do then EHA is definitley the best bet. Not sure if you realise but EHA is the only licensed FTO (H) in Ireland providing instruction (check here http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/lic_fto.asp#1) and that they teach the ATPLs to their fixed wing counterparts in the well respected FTO next door. The heads in EHA are also skill test examiners which certainly proves their competence in the Irish heli industry and of their experience to train prospective heli pilots. The training I've received has been first class. EHA are very straight laced too and really do act in the best interest of the client especially since turning blades is not cheap! Ive seen this myself and maybe thats where you might have heard some negative comments! Do you think the IR was worth every cent, I mean penny as a chopper pilot? The hourly rate is competitive with other non FTOs, but EHA are really the only FTO with a fleet of H269s and plenty of flying hours under their belt Would you not consider the UK to be as equally, maybe in some cases more expensive to train in than Ireland?!