PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai property prices
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2006, 15:52
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravehart, I think it's a good and sensible measure to downsize, however a bit too late in my humble opinion.
The local government has to realise that they have to consider the investing expatriate force or others as equals (with or without the local citizenship) and NOT as Guests (Guests???). I treat my guests WELL... The genuine Emirati born population is under 30% of the total resident UAE population. If they really want a genuine cosmopolitan full time resident society, a lot has to be given in a orderly manner. Will it ever happen? I don't think so, at least not in the next 50 years... There is still a lot of oil and gas to be sold.
This way investors, the guys who are really planning to buy and live in the purchased properties, will feel AT HOME, or then continue to invest heavily in diversified trades in order to attract a good 2 or 3 milion people workforce (with or without families) that one way or the other will either get free housing or competitive allowances in order to rent these properties.
I believe anything else is just a mirage in quick shifting desert sands. How genuine and natural is the life here? Only the locals on the coast line, mountain or inland untouched villages feel the natural and undisturbed with their day to day way of life. Obviously, they wished they had a little bit more of cash in their pockets.