PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2006, 12:39
Aedius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so the question remains: To strike or not to strike?

I'm currently also considering to join CV and eventhough I'm fulfilling all of CV's requirements (flighthours, JAA ATPL, living in Luxembourg, still in the 20s) and really want stop doing short-range flights, 4 legs a day, 85+ blockhours a month but instead fly around the world with a more "relaxed" roster, I believe with the current situation of CV's CWA, I will rather stay in the company I'm working for the time being.

Of course, the thought of flying 747s around the world, earning more money in the long run and working for a company whose commercial and financial future looks currently extremely bright is very, very tempting but having a social life at home with friends and family certainly is tempting too.

Now that the new CWA has been signed, do you mates working for CV think that there is any chance that a more balanced CWA (working / resting at home) is plausible in the foreseeable future (1-2 years)? Because if there is any chance for improvement in the long run, I certainly would like to join CV, have a few less "nicer" years but enjoy my dreamjob after that period.

Last edited by Aedius; 3rd Aug 2006 at 00:26.