PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2006, 00:44
Wilders85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am of the opinion, albeit not learned, that several comments on this thread have now gone beyond the boundaries of general banter and are now bordering on defamation.

Whilst not wishing to be seen as a kill joy and not wanting to stifle free speech and opinions, I would suggest that the moderators reflect on certain comments posted, and advise posters of potential implications, where any alleged incidents could be attributed to specific identified individuals.

In my civilian profession I am obliged to carry significant professional indemnity insurance. I can therefore make professional observations and comments in the knowledge that I am protected financially for any off the cuff comments I make. I doubt many of the posters on this forum carry such insurance. Again, in my opinion, comments made recently could result in litigation against the individual posters.

So I re-iterate my position. Please feel free to berate the RAF Police. Abuse as you wish but please be careful. Do not be specific in identifying individuals, especially if the allegations cannot be proven. It could cost the poster significantly.

Regards as always and keep up the banter.