PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 22:43
New FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GECAT cost + Self funded line training boycott!

GECAT

16995 A320 TR

4500 Base Training

These prices are including VAT. Thats what stung me, I was a bit stupid, forgetting VAT and allowed 20 grand, this left me 1500 to find short notice.

Cant think for the life of me how many hors this course is. Either 36 or 40 in the FFS (Full flight sim). Should probably know that as I just completed it!

I was on an airline secific course, however, I get the idea their 'non destination' courses are still useful for gaining employment.

Training is nothing short of excellent. This really is a top quality TRTO all be it their prices arent cheap. On completion they arwe compassionate to the money you have spent and help massively with placing you, even though this is not a promise.

A lot of what I have said has been passed from the organisation or third parties in it. As I said, my SSTR was airline specific but it seems theyre not bad for other Type Ratings.

DONT PAY TO DO LINE TRAINING! Sorry, I'm sure it may be neccessary sometimes but I hate the fact that pilots can be expected to pay for the right to supply a commercial service.

I hope I have supplied some usefull info re gecat. GOOD LUCK!