PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GECAT
Thread: GECAT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 22:13
New FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GECAT, easy, Iago, Alteon, My Travel!

I'll 2nd that avrodamo, tuition was ace and they made the tr seem like a walk in the park. The instrument rating was a lot harder than the final LST on the TR.

As for Easy and GECAT, having just done the transition, I think easy are slowing up a tad with gecat due to a lack of training captains. My course was all ex OAT however we werent all integrated. I get the impression from talking to GECAT that they get a huge amount of applications and take aplicants for non destination courses very seriously. It doesnt matter of your background to get on one of these. All be it theres no destination, i believe all previous guys from a course like this are in. And as for the 'destination' courses, the job promise letter is so flimsy I'm supprised the banks come up with the money as there is no garuntee at all! An example from easy, it basically said "we'll probably give you a job in summer, if theres no recruitment downturn." As it happens we were subsequently delayed due to the training captains spanking all their hours earlier in the year!

GECAT non destinations probably not a bad idea. Including base training (arranged by Iago) it costs about 21.5k. You cant expect to go straight into a job, but once we're over the hurdle of this summer it peobably wont take long.

Also the Alteon My Travel Scheme worth a look. Only a 6 month contract tho.

Good luck to all!