PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 2
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 13:57
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HH6702
Rumours have it that YYZ will be flyglobespan using the based aircraft at NCL which will be a B757
JFK or EWR 5x weekly and YYZ 2x weekly
I would like to see Zoom on the route also.
I really am struggling to get my head around this.
Firstly a 5 weekly NYC service with no established agreement for onward connections, suggests no more than an enhanced 1980's Jetsave operation & similar in operation to the present weekly YYZ .
Secondly, you may get fairly decent load factors in the summer, but having said that YYZ capacity has historically been reduced over the years, again in the 80's were not both Wardair and CP air at one time concurrently offering YYZ from NCL?, and even then CP Air WERE marketing onward connections to YVR & even HNL !. Even this operation did not survive.
Yes I realise that things are perhaps 'different' now, but such a product in any form can hardly be compared to the recent Loco boom, and come the winter, then load factors will quite simply evaporate.
Thirdly to pick up on my original point, where is all this capacity to come from? 2 GSM 752's would be taken up on LPL and NCL op's, then there are all the numerous GSM offerings put about to Florida & other US destiantions from MAN & Scotland, together with built in redundancy. This all seems to me to be a very tenuous business plan supported by a serious amount of debt which to be serviced will require substantial returns from what are start up operations.
Finally an observation on the ongoing CO 'will they or won't they' saga, their recently released 2nd quarter report specifically states that other than some changes to their RJ fleet, other than two 777's they are taking no other aircraft deliveries in 2007 !. One can read into this whatever, but to operate additional transatlantic services in 2007 with their current fleet profile will require the release of 752's from where?, or are they actually not considering significant expansion in 2007 ?