PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 02:14
followyourdreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Blue Recruitment Day - this coming Thursday

Hi everyone, I stumbled across this website at work yesterday and am so grateful I did as I have an interview for a cc in Melbourne on July 27th and would love as much info I can before Thursday in order to try and pass the day with flying colours.

Hey thanks for your pm Iulia - and yes you guessed correctly I am a girl. I have just cpoied across my thread from the one I had made as it looks like there are heaps of people on this link that can help me prepare for my interview with VB on Thursday...

Iulia? With the pet role play. Is it just you and someone else or are there are few people involved with that? Also the naming of the pets you would buy from a pet store. Is that soemthing you write down or do you get up and explain your answers to everyone. Am so nervous but so desperatley want this.

Anyone here is what I posted before...

Can anyone please let me know what type of questions they will be asking and a brief rundown on the day so I can try and do a bit of research and study before the day- in order to increase my chances.

As cliche as this sounds - my dream or one of them is to become a hosty and would love more than anything for this to come true. I'm 26 years old and have been working in the advertising industry (in media) for the last three years. I have years and years of customer service experience due to working at McDonalds throughout high school and in restaurants and bars throughout the 5 years I spent at uni. This experience combined with my bubbly and outgoing personality, aswell as being a hard work and a high achiever makes me pretty positive that I am capable of being a fantastic hosty. But... there are so many people that also think the same thing so what does it come down to at the interview? Do you have to confidant but no overbearing? Do they like someone that is loud but not over the top? Should you voice your opinions or only speak when asked? I can adapt to any situation but want to know how to approach the day

This is what I think the questions would possibly be - so please tell me if I am on the right track or not:

Tell me how you work in a team?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Tell me a time you have been in a difficult situation and how did you handle it?
What have been your acreer accomplishments?
Why do you want to work for Virgin Blue?

Are these kind of what they will ask?

I am very confidant but when I get to interview situations I turn to mush and cannot be myself. If I practise to myself I am fine but once eyes are on me I'm not so good?

Are any of the interviews one one one? Or are there a few of them that sit there and take notes?

Also, lets just say I get through the day and am asked to take the medical test- I have a small tattoo on my foot? Will I pass through or should I hide it?
I also have asthma but it isn't bad. Will this work against me?

I have so many questions as you can see, but its only becasue I desperatley want to be given a chance and know I have what it takes