PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 01:22
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hehehe ur a funny one Sylph, nah I rekon just keep this thread going, too much of a hassled to start a REX one, and quite frankly, there's not much to a REx interview! Its so much easier, and nicer... I wished my VB day had been like at REX. It felt more personal this last intertview, and I guess its much to do with the fact that we were in a tiny meeting room, about 5m X 3m and just at the one round table and only 7 of us trying out (though there were meant to be 11, but thats all that came to the day).
I too noticed the 3yrs fulltime thingy ma bob, but I still applied, because I figured if its that 'essential' then they wont even call me for an interview! But yes, they did call, and yes, eventhough I techinically don't have my VCE/HSC, they still progressed me to stage two. There was this other lady there who nwas a yr10 dropout from England, and she still progressed also!
I say Sylph, just apply. Worst case, they wont call you for an interview! But, they called me, of all people, so there's still hope for everyone else, surely!
Also DJTibby, you should give it a go! I remember you exclaimed 'wow' when yuo heard REX called, and you asked how do I have 3yrs fulltime experience? And I said I don't...
I ask y'all this now... how can anyone at age 18 have 3yrs fulltime experience in customer service, and their VCE/HSC?
It doesn't work out!
Coz to have 3yrs fulltime customer service experience, the person would have had to have been working fulltime since age 15yrs (which would mean they'd have to have dropped out of school!) So their 'essential requirements' contradict themselves! LOL
Also, another thing, if you do a search on careerone.com for flight attendant positions, you will notice REX often advertises for Adelaide positions, and mention nothing about 3yrs fulltime experience, however, they do mention high school.
So it seems, even with REX, there are a few inconsistencies, having said this, I still have a higher opinion of REX, in comparison to other airlines
PS- I have been with the library since I was 15yrs, but thats only casual.