PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the circle on a helideck for?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 21:41
Teefor Gage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on you guys, try to keep somewhere close to the original thread and don't take comments as personal insults. My comments are mere expressions of my own thoughts, be they good or bad, with the intent of encouraging further discussion on the subject.

I have many years of offshore experience under my belt, both on wheeled and skid fitted helicopters and know only too well how each on reacts on different surfaces, with or without nets, moving or stable.

OK, so a net might help to keep a little foam on the helideck but it is certainly not its primary purpose and I find it hard to believe it would make a substantial difference in the event of a real fuel fire. Maybe one of you less sensitive chaps out there can point me to the source of info on this??

As for lots of helidecks not having the correct tension due to the use of different methods of attachment and tightening, this doesn't surprise me but does demonstrate the ability of both helideck managers and pilots to accept "second best"!! If a net is fitted it should be secured and tensioned properly at all times.

OK, so who have I upset this time?

PS: Don't mention the war!!