PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA/JAA Licence Admin Problems (Applications, Paperwork, etc)
Old 21st Jul 2006, 20:15
ramshorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA/JAA Double Logged as Dual and PIC - Application Rejected!

Hi
Right here goes. I went to a flight school 5 years ago in USA to do a PPL. I then went back to do 50 hours PIC hour building to qualify to train to do my FAA SE/IR. All of that 50 hours was flown in the left hand seat as PIC, but during my time there i became good mates with one of the instructors who came along with me for most of those 50 hours. I was assured that this was not a problem,and still counted as PIC even though he also logged them as he obviously wanted to build hours aswell, and the time was logged as PIC and dual. I have recently completed JAA ME/IR, and did JAA CPL at another school in USA last August.
I did not apply for CPL until now as i thought that i would apply for ME/IR, CPL at the same time so reducing application fees.
I have just received a letter from the licensing officer at the CAA saying that my licence is pending due to falling short of the following requirements, Quote:Your logbook shows some entries have been dual logged as PIC and Dual. This practice is not recognised in the UK and all entries are treated as dual. Taking into account the hours logged in this manner there would appear to be a shortfall of 50.2 hours of the required 100 hours as PIC(This also includes a shortfall of PIC cross country hours).
As you can probably imagine, this leaves me in a predicament as not only do i now have to go and shell out another however much on hour building but it is highly likely that i will not be able to get this done before mid august when my years CPL lapses and i have to train again for CPL test.
This is almost making me weep like a dog just thinking about it! Though this really is a big problem i'm going to make sure i stay positive about it and try and work through this, but i'd really appreciate any advice on what i can do from here. Obviously if i ever knew this would be the situation when i did my hour building in USA i would have gone off and done it alone, or at least not with an instructor(friend!) logging my hard earned hours.
When i went to do my JAA CPL In Florida should the FTO there not have seen that my PIC hours do not fit in with CAA regulations?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks