PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G B OPERATING AS BA AS GOOD AS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
Old 21st Jul 2006, 12:06
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently travelled Heraklion-Manchester-Heraklion but only in cattle class.

Still, very impressed - MUCH better than BA mainline (and I had originally feared it'd be simply a glorified charter flight).

Reasonable quality hot meal as far as inflight meals go, two services of complimentary alcohol PLUS wine with meal. Very professional, smart crew. Comfortable modern aircraft with good seat pitch. Both flights bang-on time and at a very good price. Don't know how they make any profit giving all the free stuff you don't get with other airlines and charging such reasonable prices - especially with a 98% economy cabin (there were three people in club).

Each passenger gets a comment form to fill in too which is a good idea - most people won't complain if they're not happy - they'll just go somewhere else next time, and even less will bother to take the time to pass on compliments.

All in all couldn't really fault them. Seemed like they were really trying hard and genuinely wanted to be 'good'. Didn't fancy the pilots like gs did though

One question - is the GB airways uniform their own or the same as BA? It's much smarter than the crappy 'flowery' blouses/dresses BA were wearing last time I flew with them. Be nice if the whole lot adopted this uniform.