PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cx vs. US
Thread: Cx vs. US
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 11:57
mpflis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RF,

Just speaking from my own personal experience, I can say that I have yet to feel ANY anti-american sentiment at Cathay. I interviewed in June of last year and again in November, and was offered a position after additional medical tests were completed. I read and reread....and reread all of the study material to prepare for these career interviews, and was fortunate to be have been successful with the interview process. I am also american, with no international flying experience. I'm sorry to hear that you were not selected; however, this is not an uncommon story. I have many friends, some of which are from the EU and Canada, who have been unsuccessful with both the first and second interviews. Some had paid for interview prep, many paid for sim time. In the end, they were not selected. This has no bearing on being american, canadian, european, or australian. Having been through the training, and met many other successful candidates, I can assure you that everyone has similar stories of mates, and colleagues that were not offered a position. In my second interview group, only myself and another canadian were selected, while two canadians and two european's were not. In the following group, only another american and canadian. This amounts to 4 people out of 14. The only difference between these people and you, is they have not writted stories about anti-canadian, or anti-european sentiment. Cathay is an extremely diverse company with approximately 80 nationalities on the flight deck, and they have hired more american's recently than EVER before. This will continue with the additional 747ERF purchases, and their expansion plans.