PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX manned doors (T/O / Landing)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 09:06
WeLieInTheShadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct on both counts.

You shouuld be asked abot your bags at the fast bag drop, and there shouuld be someone manning the self help exits.

Normally the self help exits ae popular as they have more leg room, so sme one moving is very unusual.

If there was no one sitting there on landing then this is an error on the crews part, however as i have said smeone moving is inusual and could be missed.

Mmy question to you, being an obviously concerned person about safety etc etc, is why did you not highlght this error to the crew before landing? This way they could have moved someone to the relevant seats.

As an in-charge i would personally welcome an help from customers if i'd missed something by accident. And of course in this situation safety is paramount.

With reference to the bag issue thouugh this does need to be resolved. Again...saying something to a supervisor at the time is the quickest way to geet things changed.

Keep writing in, because without people like you picking up on these errors, things will not change for the better.

And don't be afraid to speak up....you may just save soemones life......