PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX manned doors (T/O / Landing)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 08:45
Diver_Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAX manned doors (T/O / Landing)

Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding manned doors on TO / Landing. Again if I've got the wrong forum could a moderator please move it to the correct one?
I caught xxxx back from Frankfurt (T2) Wednesday (19th April). An Embrer (don't know which model).

1) I did an E-Check in so all I had to do was the fast bag drop, however, it was REALLY fast! I'm quite concerned that NO security questions at all were asked regarding my baggage.

2) During the flight I was in seat 12A (Emg exit left side, single seat). During take off there was a passenger in seat 12B (Emg exit right side, double seat), however, during the flight he moved back a row leaving 12B and 12C empty. Whilst I know this is not a problem in flight I was under the impression that these doors had to be manned during takeoff and landing. I've seen staff ask passengers to move in the past so doors were covered. The flight was only about 1/2 full with a family with small children in the row in front who wouldn't be able to assist in an emergency.

Now the first point is really ground handling and may have just been missed, however, the second concerns me a little.

The airline concerned has not replied to 3 mails via their 'COntact us' facility, even to acknowledge the comments.

Should I physically write?

Thanks for your time.
DaveA