PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 04:42
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you suggest we do? What are these "ways to win" you speak of?
Not sure that it would be smart to discuss that on an open forum... I'm sure your management are reading this.

The inevitable result you prophesize MOR, will only become inevitable when we think 'f**k it' and throw in the towel.
Not at all. Let's think back to another body of pilots that "stuck to their guns" around 1989, in a place not too far from here. What happened to them, and their lofty principles? Most of them ended up flying "rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong".

And then there was that other airline with a name beginning with "A", on our own fair shores. What happened to them again? And "their" airline?

You may think that you can beat your management, but the evidence is overwhelmingly the other way.

"Smart" beats "militant" every time.

Adapt? How? By increasing our sphinctal diameter?
No, by being smarter than your management. How hard could that be?

As I said previously with OUR circumstances and OUR company (yes OUR small, out of touch, backwater, close-minded, blinkered, isolated situation) we think we deserve to have these two sticking points resolved to OUR satisfaction.
Yes but it isn't YOUR company. It belongs to shareholders who want to see maximum return and minimum cost. They aren't on your side. They are (essentially) the enemy.

we think we deserve to have these two sticking points resolved to OUR satisfaction.
But you are the only ones who do (apart from me of course). To your management and your shareholders, you are irritating primadonnas. Or do you think that they respect you?