PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 21st Jul 2006, 01:35
corklad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jez MOR you love to argue dont you

Ok, so the thrust of your argument is that you dont want qualified current US crews flying irish registered aircraft because they could POSSIBLE be taking jobs from people in other european countries. Is that correct? Isnt that assuming that said possible EU candidates will pass an interview..sim check..etc etc. As you mentioned the BAe 146 isnt exactly an aircraft that everyone is typed and current on...everybody is getting 737 or 320 types. So could you at least admit it may be hard to find people who are curent, speak english fluently and are ready to go ASAP???

Second, honestly know, you dont think you have anything against americans??? If I were a neutral observer I wouldnt think so...but i could be wrong. To get a working permit isnt that easy either. ireland has made it quite tough now for forgeiners to get full working permits if they arent EU citizens.

would you object to me...an Irish and british citizen working with a non-JAA license too???