PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet lifestyle France
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 00:08
Riker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Waspy
Hey all,
the above mentionned roster pattern is correct. However, there maybe some changes in the future due to the company growth rate and the EasyJet effect (5-4 trial in Uk). All I can say ( I haven't started yet) is that the time away from base is smaller than in my current company. Not too many stopovers (3-6 per month) due to the limited amount of dedicated stopover airports. During interview, all these questions can be asked freely without negative feelings. I had a very positive impression from chief pilot and HR.
Average price of accomodation in Paris area is 600-1000€/month for a 3-4 room appartment/house (north of Paris- Senlis area- within 30' of CDG).
Feeling in the cockpits/crewroom: I know 3 pilots there who are perfectly happy. The rest is personal and how You get along with people in general. Irish management style: work hard with a smile but the results are there. BTW: more flight time but less time away from home compared to present contract. The company is profitable and will remain for the coming years (100% AF property). Support by AF is very positive. Basically, the only thing CityJet has to care about is (Safe)Ops. Passengers are AF...
Due to company expansion, possibility to run a nice career in the next 5-10 years at CityJet.

Sounds interesting. What are some examples of night stops for the DUB and Paris bases? Does Cityjet fly EFIS-equipped 146s at the moment? How many sectors per day on average?

Personally, I've always fancied the Avro and thought it would be a fun bird to fly... Will the upcoming RJs be Avros or CRJ/ERJs?

Cheers