PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 2
Thread: Ryanair - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2006, 22:36
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the Ryanair business model really viable in the long term? My thoughts would be no. I just dont see how you can continue to treat your customers like an inconvenience and still enjoy repeat business.

If I may atke my recent FR experience....
At check-in we presented three large suitcases for check-in (at Dubai they wieghed 57 kilos, we were allowed 60kg in total(15 x4). Two bags were overwight, the charge would have come to €180 had I not packed an extra bag. We then had to go through the unnecessary stress of repacking our bags and we then sent four bags under.

At the gate I noticed an older lady who had trouble even getting up from her chair...did FR offer her a wheelchair to the aircraft. No, they made her queue up with everyone else and then fight for a seat on the aircraft.

The aircraft itself was fine, the Cork based crew were not. Very poorly turned out, awful attitude and most were chewing gum. Apparently passengers are only there to be flogged inedible snacks at shocking prices.

Fair enough my ticket was about €25 return. But what about the people who booked a few days in advance, it would have cost them almost €500. This level of serivce surely isnt good enough for those kind of fares?

My basic question is why do FR have so many hidden charges( baggage, overweight baggage, and phantom taxes???) Why are they so bloody inflexable and why in Gods name cant they assign a seat. Its not that difficult.

Actually my basic question is why bother? Will people eventually get sick of being screwed for cash at everypossible oppertunity?

And befor anyone says it, I would complain to FR, but I wouldn't waste the price of a stamp, or my time.