PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G B OPERATING AS BA AS GOOD AS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
Old 20th Jul 2006, 21:34
gorgeous spotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up G B OPERATING AS BA AS GOOD AS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

Hi there! Am new so please be gentle with me. Just wanted to pass on my views with regards to booking Club Europe and travelling with GB Airways, which was a pleasant surprise. Travelled on 10 June out of Manchester to Malaga, think flight was about 7.30am. No priority check in for us Club Europers, but while everyone was milling around a couple of air stewardesses, went around the corner to empty ticket machines. You can use switch card etc if thats the one you booked on line with. Simple and fast. Friendly male steward who calmed me through turbulence when we got over Bay of Biscay. Captain and First Officer (whom I caught glimpses of )lboth ooked young, attractive and Captain was very professional. All in all a good experience. Had great seats, 1A to 1C so right at the front, (handy for the loo). Lovely new 320 Airbus, couldn't have been more than a couple of years old. Similar good standard on return flights, apart from the steward asking me if I would like a paper "sir"!! Definitely do not look like a man!! All in all a good experience. Would book Club Europe with them again, if only reason being you get plied with that much champagne and reasonably decent wine and a good choice of meal, you leave your flying fears behind!! Ps I cannot believe how young the pilots were! But very capable I'm sure. Any others who have travelled recently with GB Airways, would love to hear your views too.