PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 20th Jul 2006, 13:48
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Miles Hi
Sorry for my humble opinion. If Cityjet are getting new aircraft in, and they don't have either sufficient or suitable crews to operate them, should they not investigate the availability of crews from elsewhere, including the US?

Don't TCX, among others, have reciprocal agreements that see US pilots working in the summer in the UK, then returning to the US for the winter? The CAA seem to endorse those with no problems.

Finally, if it's such a bad deal, surely Mesaba pilots have the right to say no? Are they being drected to Cityjet?

Told you it was a humble opinion, but I don't see why Cityjet should be pilloried for taking crews from good sources, and I don't see why US pilots should be pilloried for going wherever work is available. I'd choose that over unemployment anyday.
Miami Air and Excel have a reciprocal agreement where by one of the Excel 737s goes to Florida for the winter and returns to England during the summer. Miami Air crews obtain certificates from the CAA so they can fly “G” registered aircraft. It’s a bit less complicated when the aircraft are in the US.

There seems to be an exiled EU pilot living and flying in the South Pacific who can’t seem to grasp the concept of the old supply and demand concept… in other words if there are no supplies around the corner, you need to look elsewhere. He is under the delusion that the more you pay for your training the more entitled you are to a job in Europe. Now I have to ask you did you ever hear of anything as ridiculous as this? MORon should start a crusade and banish the JAA training schools in the US.

While the Mesaba jets maybe going to Europe, the pilots are going on to bigger and better in the US or Emirates for that matter.