PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 20th Jul 2006, 10:54
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are these the men who are your leaders?

thankyou 5d2d. i am struggling to understand how this is going to be possible when the great men who are supposed to be your leaders ae unable to even acknowledge that i have written to them. this is either as a campaigner looking for answers or as i am...a grieving sister of one of their airmen. in letters recieved the offer is made that the channels of communication are opened if any concerns arise. what it doesn't say is that there is no way that you will recieve a reply. i ask this of you your airships.....why? what is it that makes it so hard to write to me? the less contact there is the more i get concerned that there is something to hide. so think on. surely you should be leading by example...you expect your men to cope in the face of adversity yet you cannot even find it within you to write to me. not the example the upper ranks would want to make....surely?

i saw a herc flying from marshalls about half hour ago. it was a beautiful sight and sound to see. it's a bittersweet view because sometimes just sometimes i think of being inside the herc where the boys were, what they'd be doing, how things should be and for those few minutes they are alive....like they should be , if there had been foam. it's like i can see them, but all to quickly reality reminds me that they have gone. yet despite the pain that can cause any one individual and the fact that you can do something about it, even read this thread from afar, yet never able to step up to the mark and justify why you won't take the action needed to ensure that the lives of your aircrew are protected you just hide. how do you expect your soliders to be the men you want them to be when you won't show the way? you cannot expect them to give and you take with nothing in return. that is not your right. in fact it sickens me.

despite the pain that i'min right now and how amazingly crappy i feel i will write to you all again and if i have to i will write every week until you decide that you can be bothered to write back.....remember, i'm going nowhere. the more you try and ignore the more i think you have to hide. I/WE ARE NOT FIGHTING FOR A LUXURY, BUT A STANDARD. IT IS ESSENTIAL IT IS WANTED AND NEEDED , A LEGACY TO 10 FINE MEN...david stead,paul pardoel, bob o'connor, richie brown, paddy marshall, mark gibson. stephen jones, david williams, andrew smith, gary nicholson....AND THE HEROES STILL FLYING ON A DAILY BASIS WITHOUT THE PROTECTION THAT THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO.