PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2006, 08:05
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can think it's a pissy backwater all you like, don't come swimming down here then.
Well the pejorative term is yours, I never called it that. I swim here because I live here.

We are trying to NOT end up with the kinds of T's and C's you have already accepted long ago.
Well actually the Ts & Cs I have worked under have almost all been better than Mt Cook - because I was a part of the pilot council that negotiated them - and if you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen that I support the efforts to keep the T's & C's that you have. All I am saying is that the worldwide trend is the other way, and that you will eventually lose. I am not saying that this is a good thing, I am simply pointing out the other side of the argument. Why can you people not read the thread before beating your chests?

One other thing that I will say, is that NZ aviation has a highly "unionised" mentality that is at odds with the majority of progressive airlines. Instead of digging your heels and and blindly battling these issues, you should take a more long-term view. If in fact your company has invested in a new sim, they have effectively done you a huge favour, and everything that you are whinging about will history as soon as the sim is delivered. But none of you oh-so-bolshy pilots have noticed that, have you?

Read what piontyendforward says, if he is correct then your argument just went down the gurgler.

MOR, you are either management, or a s%^B, I can't figure out which and I don't really care.
Another idiot that can't read. See above.

I think you will find they far less (when converted through the greenback and you have to do that to compare apples with apples) than the airline pilots in the mainline carriers in the states..........after their paydrop!
And that is completely irrelevant. Ask a US pilot who had to sell his home because he couldn't afford the repayments after losing a large chunk of his salary. And in any case, you can't compare a Mt Cook pilot salary with a mainline US carrier. Maybe a (very) small regional carrier, but even it is dangerous comparison, as very few US regionals are as small as Mt Cook.