PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 20th Jul 2006, 04:12
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps the CAA in gatwick should stop being such complete A-holes about letting europeans with forgein licenses come home and fly, it may stop the very situation you are complaining about!!! I did my training in USA, Cananda and have ratings on the 737 and king air and the CAA treated me like a lepper all because of their outragous JAR regs!! Last time I looked boeings were made in seattle!! I guess they build extra special ones for the UK?? how do you expect one to fork out another 64K to start flying from scratch? Also, why is it that any new member EU state can automatically convert their national license to JAA and I cant even get a look in?? I remember standing in gatwick next to an eastern european bloke who could barely string a sentence together in english, and the CAA hapily converted his national license for him, all because his country just joined the EU,
Corklad

I may have missed something somewhere, but why wouldn't your first port of call to get a JAA Land licence be your own national CAA, i.e the IAA ??

Presumably they'd be more than happy to convert your licence, wouldn't they ?