PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2006, 03:46
Airslasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR,

You can think it's a pissy backwater all you like, don't come swimming down here then. It's a Dunnunda forum and this is an issue which is affecting a lot of people down here at the moment. We are trying to NOT end up with the kinds of T's and C's you have already accepted long ago. How many posts have there been about pilots needing to stick together and support one another and then you come out trumpeting how hard you let a company give it to you. No wonder aviation is becoming less of a career and more of an ordinary job, sifting around stepping on anybody else in order to get your own ass ahead to get that "passenger jet job" to finally pay off your training and all the damn ratings you've bought. We do have 10pm-2am and 2-6am local time sim sessions and then the day ones when your body thinks it night anyway. I don't know of one person who can't notice whether they've have business class or coach travel after arriving at a hotel 22 hours after you left home.

Since you're in charge of world aviation MOR, why do Mount Cook pilots not deserve the same travel to sim standards as all other parts of the AIRNZ group? It's called negotiating in good faith. Why should we bend over at the lowest conditions offered by our employer? You seem to want us to grab our ankles at the first opportunity. How about sticking up for your collegues? I'd like to say I'd stick up for you all if you had REASONABLE claims in an employment dispute. That includes pilot unions representing large airlines, turbo-props and even the C Cat on his/her own down at the local aero club.