PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2006, 03:33
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very few pilots arround the world have to travel so far for their sim training anyway.
I'm sorry, but that is just plain wrong. I have met up with plenty of crews at, say, FSC in Maastricht or BAe at Woodford who have just travelled 18-20 hours to get to the sim - in fact, most of them have. The only ones who haven't are the ones who live in the USA or Europe - but of course there are many airlines that aren't in either place.

There is a move for management to view pilots as an expendable part of the labour force, and treat them accordingly.
Wakey wakey - pilots ARE an expendable part of the workforce, and will always be whilst there are more pilots than jobs. NZ airlines have been very slow to erode T's and C's compared to American or European airlines - how many US pilots have taken massive pay cuts in the last few years? You should be grateful that NZ pilots don't face what US pilots frequently do.

And as far as quality of life is concerned, I'd say Mt Cook wins hands-down.

I agree that you should resist it, I am merely pointing out that the world is moving in a different direction, and you shouldn't be surprised if the current situation turns out to be the tip of the iceberg.

fly real fast

You need pull you head out. You are one of the people eroding the working conditions of all pilots.
A pity you are unable to read or comprehend what I said... so let me help you out with a little repeat of what I said:

I'm not saying you are wrong - you are quite right about the way crews SHOULD be treated
If people think the comments above are the norm for pilots, certain companies are di*king you real hard. If you are accepting working conditions like that you are more of an idiot than your last post.
Well if you ever get out in the real world, sonny, you will find out how wrong you are. Just keep those blinkers on, they obviously make you feel a whole lot happier... even the instructors at Cranfield know better.