PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCY-Stuttgart, back via Zurich to LHR
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2006, 00:27
drichard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A very positive experience

Tonight I shall post a full reply with observations that may help other PAX/SLF, however to be going on with ......

I arrrived home ~1hr ago (10hrs travelling time), and would like to say that every person I met, (cc, checkin, security, immigration et. al.) were highly professional and I have absolutely no complaints.

So hats off to those handling or operating on the following flights:
17/Jul LH2725 LCY-STR (Lufthansa, operated by crossair)
19/Jul LX1175 STR-ZRH (Lufthansa, operated by ?Cirrus)
19/Jul LX340 ZRH-LHR (Swiss)

Too often we see complaints and no compliments, please, well done to you all and I would willingly fly with any of you again.
D

Additional comments to help other PAX

Flight notes
17/Jul LH2725 LCY-STR
Light snack (cheese roll), with complementary alcoholic beverages available

19/Jul LX1175 STR-ZRH
I was not aware of even reaching cruising altitude prior to commencing descent (its an up and down flight)
Complementary small chocolate

19/Jul LX340 ZRH-LHR (Swiss)
Light snack (cheese roll), with complementary alcoholic beverages available
Particular mention must go to the CC, in 55 mins, you managed 2x drinks, 1x food, 1x sweet handout, 1x duty-free and a clearup pass through the cabin. I was exhausted just watching you all!!

Airport notes
@LCY
checkin desks are about a 2min WALK from DLR (Docklands light railway), from the train you will encounter one (DOWN) escalator and no ticket barriers.
Security is on the 1st floor, just about where the escalators from the checkin area reach the 1st floor
I was NOT asked to remove laptop from briefcase - everything went through the scanner
It's abouta 60 sec brisk walk from security to the a/c (I was out of gate 4)

@STR
My flight to STR was on an ATR42 - 500, checked baggage was collected from the front of the aircraft (ie on the apron) BEFORE boarding the shuttlebus to the terminal (T1 - about as faraway as possible)
MAJOR building works outside the airport for a new exhibition centre (due to open 2007) means access roads are sometimes being diverted - follow the signs rather than SATNAV
Laptop out for xray

@ZRH
Reminder - this airport is not in europe - it's Switzerland and prices are in local currency (not euros, but that's ok, they acccept them).
Whilst q'ng in (terminal 1) for security, checkout the stylish Camel smoking lounge - you can tell it's not part of the EU
laptop out for xray but instructed to place mobile phone INSIDE carry-on baggage for xray

@LHR - (I arrived in T2, so journey times from there)
Tube station is about 5-7 min brisk walk from customs.
Heathrow express (follow the signs for TRAINS and not UNDERGROUND) is about a further 5 min walk from the underground station, you can get your ticket validated (at full tube fare) to any underground station.

General Comfort
I must say all the flights I took, had load factors of 50-60%, nice big comfy blue leather seats with acres of legroom. I'm 6' and on (scheduled economy) longhaul, my bum barely fits into the cattle-crate seat and my knees are touching the seat infront (BA & VS to name and shame), on all these flights, the seat was about 4" wider than I expected and there was between 6 and 8" clearance between my knees and the seat in front.

Last edited by drichard; 25th Jul 2006 at 21:24.