PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 380 (Merged)
Thread: A 380 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 23:02
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Angel

forget thanks for the advertising blurb from Mr Bojangles ... Let us not forget that, once they actually build the thing, they may find that it is not all as they planned! In the same way that Airbus are finding their new baby is heavier than they planned, Boeing may find that:-
The 747-8 Intercontinental is not more than 12 percent lighter per seat than the A380, and consumes 11 6 percent less fuel per passenger.

I have no doubt that the 748i will sell well, as will the A380 but marketing blurbs about a machine that is still on paper are always good for a laugh. No need to tell me that the machine already exists and, therefore, is not paper - since it is not yet built, then it is paper. The fact that it may have a fine heritage falls away when they are going to have to use many new materials in order to make it as light as they say it will be. Actually, they are saying that the 748i is lighter than the A380 when they should be saying that it will be lighter. But salesman are never one to let grammar get in the way of a sale!