PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 19th Jul 2006, 21:24
corklad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think some people here have a very high opinion of themselves and think life owes them something. when I finished university and went to learn to fly in the states there was no JAA in ireland. It only came into practice after I had shelfed out a fortune getting all my licenses and multi time. Before i left home, the standard practice was an airlaw exam and flight check to standards and you could swap your license over (which is in line with most ICAO countries). It was the bloody JAA protectionist racket that stoped me and plenty of my frineds from ireland to come home or to the uk and find a job. many of them either stayed in the states or went to canada, if they could immigrate. others went to africa. I find it very anoying listening to hot-heads bluster all about not letting people fly without JAA licenses. Im sorry people cannot find a job with only 200hrs...but thats life, nobody owes you anything, you have to make the most of it and find work where you can. I cannot tell you how crappy the last 6yr have been for me trying to build hrs and find flying work but you dont hear me complaining about it. but im now in a position to return home and work because the IAA are using some comon sense and giving people the oppertunity who are QUALIFIED to fly the planes that IRISH airlines use!! It amazes me that people here expect guys who have had to slog it out to gain experiance should have to start from scratch again just to get a job back home. we arent all multi-millionaires you know. the term SOUR GRAPES springs to mind!