PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A BIG THANK YOU TO THE AH BOYS - HUMBLE PIE
Old 19th Jul 2006, 18:59
wokkawokka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE AH BOYS - HUMBLE PIE

Now back in Blighty safe and sound and although this Sqn does not have much of a record for Jointery and working with the UK's AH I feel that I must put the record right from the Sqn that publicly slagged off AH and spread the 'RAF, making Afghanistan safe for the AH' media hype rubbish.

As I sit here, with a cold beer in hand and kids at my feet I recognise that people back here in UK (including many military) have absolutely no idea what is currently going on in Afghanistan. Without breaking any confidential/secrets act etc quite simply I would like to say a genuine thank you to the AH team (in the air, on the ground, and the RAF/Army Ops room).

I know that without your help, overwatch, presence and fire support then there is a good chance that we would not have been as successful as we were. Lets hope it continues with the next Det.

So, yes you did have some teething problems, quickly rose to banter, and still have some Melchetts, but well worth the wait and you are repaying the delay with interest.

Thank you for some very memorable experiences that I will never forget - and ones that I am in no rush to repeat. Hopefully I have redressed the injustice from the early days and hopefully it was a relatively benign tactical situation, combined with niavity and ignorance that led to those ill informed comments.

Good luck, fly safe.

P.S. I am not a Pongo lover or have any desire to be an AH pilot, but before the usual crowd jump on the slagging disguised as banter wagon then give any of the Sqns a ring at Odiham a ring and we will put you right.