PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 19th Jul 2006, 18:05
scott_cardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captain Binns
To cut it short, they just said get the A levels at as higher grade as possible. A degree was optional and not in anyway required (That was from BA and Bmi.) It is difficult to draw conclusions from it, I think you should just do what your happy with, maybe take a look at uni during the open days. For me, it's not so much about the qualification that attracts me to uni, but the life skills it gives you, which maybe of benifit when your applying for a job with the airlines.
Do you know which uni's have the flying squad's?
Thanks.
Andrew
I agree with you totally! The fact of me going to University is just not for the qualification, but for the life that is to be lived while there. I feel that I would learn alot about myself if I were to go to Uni, which would then put me in good stead for pilot training and applying to the airlines. Although at the moment, I am drawn to the idea of Uni, I still have a gut feeling that I should be going to a FTO such as FTE Jerez or OAT, after my A-levels, but then I think, no, I am going to Uni! I just cannot make up my mind!!!!