PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 19th Jul 2006, 17:53
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCP please do not fret, flipster did not send out 20,000 emails. his computer did that all by itself. to date the petition has 2616 signatures of which i am very grateful. flight magasine have chosen not to get in contact about the petition, whichis a disappointment but i will not give up.

the reason that i will not give up is this.....taday is a bad day. today i miss my brother and it hurts so much it's like you wish the pain was a cancer as you could cut that cancer away then live your life. the pain left by grief stays and rots and hurts more each time it jumps up and reminds you who's the boss. i have watched the sterling work that the navy has been doing with evacuating the british. sometimes, just sometimes i think i see him, in his combats, then i realise how stupid i am but by that point i'm crying. i look on in awe at what you guys do and i want to say how proud i am of the british armed forces. it is not enough that we are eighteen months on from the crash and seven months on from the BoI. where are we? we've finally got the fitting underway. we don't have a written number.....still. we don't have a financial comittment. that is wrong and will not be accepted.the way i feel today is the reason why we still have to push. no one not even my worse enmey should go through this. if i was to say the stress of all this has caught up with me and now i've shingles i would feel defeated and though they had won. that won't happen. i've lost already....bob.

just for the record those of us fighting the good fight are not blinkered, but incredibly focussed and passionate about our cause. we have to be. if we weren't there would be no foam fitting ongoing. remember this is not a luxury...this is a standard we are fighting for. i did not mention XXXV179 but mr reid mentioned DAS which he really didn't want to do as his governemnt is unable to stump up the cash for that either! why discuss why he was wondering what the views were about money being to spent it was an empty gesture guys. he is not worth the space.