PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is It worth it??
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 11:54
Blackshift

Not Good Airline Material

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm.... could it be that all FI's would be earning at this rate if it wasn't for a history of wannabee Nigels artificially depressing the payscales by using the PPL(A) instruction industry as a launchpad towards their real ambition in life.

Being an airline pilot is apparently beleived to be the next best job to being a professional footballer to the average British male.

Now that the option of integrated CPL/IR followed by a self-funded type-rating is beginning to become a more common route to the airlines, this downward pressure on FI pay is decreasing. The ongoing expansion of the Airline industry and the consequent flocks of those prepered to convince their parents or bank-managers that spending such money is a viable alternative to student debt means it will inevitably being spent on flight-training which invariably starts off with a single engine piston a/c.

Just noticed the post by plugg on another thread entitled "Should I become an FI" not only confirming, but in fact exceeding the expectations outlined in my previous post: at 38k as a CPL/IR instructor, he is in fact making slightly MORE than a fair number of turboprop captains known to me.

Could it be that this trend could eventually even see more PPL instructors on a par with Turboprop pilots, and the CPL/IR types on a scale not dissimilar to Jet Airline Pilots?

If so, you heard it here first - good luck currymonster!