PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Showing Face (going in cold) the way to get job in Africa?
Old 19th Jul 2006, 10:12
KESHO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shrike200-if the customer wants 2000, he gets 2000. I do agree 2000 hrs on a Van for the right seat is rather a large requirement, but then again if that is what will keep them in the air and out the mountains, then it is what must be done.
Statistics on this continent speak for themselves, ie. the experience level is very low for the type of flying that one has to do, hence the amount of accidents and incidents. Experience has something to do with it...luck also has a say, but normally luck increases with experience too.
I think when the hour requirements increase, it is only a good thing at the end of the day not only for safety, but also for salaries. An operator that is used to paying a low time Van copilot peanuts will not be able to do so anymore as the chap with 2000 hrs will be in an airline job already. Yeah it might be **** for someone to sit in the right seat of a Van with 2000hrs, but at the end of the day with that experience you will be in line for something better soon anyway.

Kesho